If you are following me on Instagram then you must be knowing how much I love South Indian food. Curd rice is South India's favourite dish. Just see this pic. Isn't it amazing? It is so light and tasty😋
Curd rice is one of the best food for summers. It boosts digestion, which makes it a perfect home remedy for stomach upset, bloating or indigestion. We all know about the beauty benefits of curd.😌 It has the perfect combination of calcium, good fats and proteins. Above all, it can be prepared in less than 5 mins. Now it has all the reasons to become a part of your meal😃
Curd - 250 ml
Cooked Rice - 1 cup
Ginger - 1 inch
Pomegranate seeds(Optional) - 1 tbsp
Peanuts (Optional) - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves - 8-10
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Chana dal - 1 tsp
Dried red chilli - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander (chopped) - 1 tbsp
- Mix curd, rice and salt.
- Heat a tadka pan. Add ghee.
- Add Peanuts. Make sure that the flame is low. Saute it for some time until it turns a bit dark in colour. Just a bit!
- Peanuts is not a part of authentic curd rice. But I love adding peanuts so I'm sharing it with you guys. Let me know if you also like this twist.😊
- Add Chana dal and urad dal. Saute them also for less than a min on low flame.
- Add mustard seeds, dried red chilli and ginger. Let them splutter.
- Turn off the stove and add curry leaves.
- Add this tadka to your curd rice.
- Mix it well. Add Pomegranate seeds too. If you want you can add finely chopped or grated carrots. You can also add finely chopped tomato. If you add some other vegetable then let me know in the comment section below.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. I know it is looking beautiful and it's really challenging to resist! So, don't resist 😉