There was a day when I was forced to strike a balance between "tasty food" and "strictly no white flour (maida) recipe" wish that my roommate was drooling over. Then was when I started "all home-made ingredients (most of it, though)" mission. End of the day, there was this "yummy yummy in my tummy" look on my roommate's face. So, are you ready to sing the "Yummy...Tummy" anthem?!
Rice flour - 1/2 tbsp
Maize flour - 1/2 tbsp
Gram flour - 1/2 tsp
Atta - 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1tsp
Carrot - 1
Capsicum - 1 small
Onion - 1 medium size
Ginger - 2 inch
Garlic - 4-5 cloves
Tomato - 3-4
Dried red chillies - 5-6
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Take rice flour, maize flour, gram flour and atta in a big bowl.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan.
- Add turmeric. Turn off the stove after 4-5 second.
- Add this oil in the mixed flours.
- Now prepare a soft dough with these flours and water.
- Take a section of the dough. Roll it with a rolling pin.
- Cut it into your fav shape. I used this multi-cutter. You can use knife only.
- This is how it was looking after cutting.
- Now boil water. Add salt and a little oil in boiling water.
- Then add this pasta. Cook it for about 5 mins on high flame.
- Spread them on a plate.
- Add dried red chillies, 1 inch roughly chopped ginger, garlic(3-4 cloves) and tomato. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add this paste, vinegar and salt.
- Cook it for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat oil again. Add all the vegetables.
- Saute them on high flame.
- Add salt, black pepper and the sauce that you prepared. Mix everything well.
- Add pasta.
- Cover it and let it cook for 1-2 minutes on flow flame.
- Pasta is ready!!! Enjoy healthy homemade multigrain pasta.😊