After preparing the batter for Raw banana dahi vada, I started thinking... can I make dosas with this batter? Well, after living in south India dosas are definitely inextricable part of one's life :) Here goes the recipe of yummy raw banana dosa!!!
- Raw banana (boiled) - 1
- Chana dal - 1 cup
- Rice (optional) - 1/3rd cup
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chillies - 2-3
- Salt to taste
- Soak dal and rice overnight. It can be prepared without rice too. Rice will make it more crispy.
- Put all the ingredients except oil in a mixer. Blend them into a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan. It should not be very hot. Put 1/4 tsp oil, use a napkin to spread it evenly.
- Pour batter into the centre of the pan with a flat bottom bowl or spatula. Spread it with light circular motions. Don't try to fill the holes.
- Make it as thin as possible.
- Apply oil from sides and on top of it.
- Remove it from the pan once it is brown from one side.
- Serve it with curry leaves and coconut chutney or plain coconut chutney or any of your fav chutney.