Golden milkshake or turmeric milk has endless benefits. It purifies the blood, builds immunity, relieves stress, boosts digestion, reduces arthritic pain, acts as a good sleep aid, great for skin and the list goes on and on... I can write a blog only for explaining the benefits of turmeric milk! I love it when such super healthy foods are super tasty too. Just have a look at this pic!
Mouthwatering!!!😋 Isn't it? I have one more good news for you. this super healthy + super tasty + good looking drink can be prepared in less than 5 mins! 😃
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Milk - 250ml
Honey - 1 tsp(or as per your taste)
Pepper(Optional) - 1/4 tsp
Almonds(Optional) - 2 - 3
Method 1- Chilled:
- Add chilled milk, honey and turmeric in a blender.
- You can also add finely chopped almonds or any dry fruit of your choice.
- Blend it well.
- The Golden milk shake is ready.
Method 2- Hot (Best for common cold and cough):
Use raw turmeric for this method. It is much better than turmeric powder. Raw turmeric looks like ginger. It is available in local markets. However, if you don't get raw turmeric then you can use turmeric powder.
- Peel and grate turmeric. You can use gloves while doing this.
- Add 1/2 tsp grated turmeric and pepper in milk.
- Let it boil.
- Mix honey and drink it hot.
- It is one of the best remedies for cough and cold.