Dahi vadas are so refreshing!! Curd is I think everyone's favourite specially during summers. Generally dahi vadas are prepared using urad dal. In this recipe I have used chana dal. Urad dal batter is much more smoother than chana dal batter. This is where boiled raw banana comes into picture. Banana dahi vadas are so soft!! Moreover I have use appam pan. So these dahi vada's are not the deep fried ones. Here is the recipe of yummy raw banana dahi vadas :
For Dahi Vada:
- Raw banana (Boiled)- 1/2
- Chana dal - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1 1/2 inch
- green chillies - 2
- red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- black salt to taste
- curd - 1 cup
- sugar - 1 tsp
- tamarind chutney - 1tbsp
- coriander leaves - 1 tsp
- Put Chana dal, ginger and green chillies in a mixer and make a coarse paste.
- Add mashed boiled banana, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder, salt. Make very smooth batter.
- Put 1-2 drops of oil in each cavity of appam pan and heat it.
- Pour this batter in all the cavities. Let it cook on medium flame.
- When it is cooked from one side, flip it and let it cook from other side as well. Add 1-2 drops of oil if required.
- Vadas are ready.
- Mix curd, 1 tsp sugar and salt very well. Curd shouldn't be very thick.
- Now soak all the vadas in this curd for about 2 hours.
- You will notice that vadas are bigger in size now.
- Add Tamarind chutney, red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can add mint chutney or coriander chutney. Some people like adding sev and roasted peanuts too. This is some what like a chat. So add your favourite ingredients and enjoy. :)