That was an extremely tiresome day at the office. The rumbling noises of my tummy made me think what I can do in a snap. Did you know that these noises have a name by the way? Borborygmus it is! Thank me later!! Then this yummy dish came to my rescue. Tada..and the hero for that day was none other than "Tomato Rice"Ingredients:
- Tomato - 4(Medium Size)
- Cooked Rice - 2 Cup
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Groundnut - 8 - 10
- Mustard Seeds
- Green Chillies - 3
- Ginger - 1 1/2 inch
- curry leaves - 4-5
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Groundnut. Saute it for about a min.
- Add Chana dal and urad dal. Saute again for about a min.
- Add mustard seeds, slit green chillies and ginger and curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped tomato and salt.
- Cover it and let it cook for about 2-3 mins.
- When the tomato is cooked properly, add rice.
- Cover it and let it cook on slow flame for about a min.
- Tomato rice is ready!!! Garnish it with coriander leaves. I love tomato rice with Curd.